Kuhoo Garg-Dhruv Rawat Pair Wins Egypt International Mixed Doubles Title
Kuhoo Garg and Dhruv Rawat Beat Utkarsh Arora and Karishma Wadkar 21-16, 22-20 to win the Egypt International.
Kuhoo Garg and Dhruv Rawat won an all-Indian final. (Photo Credit: @BAI_Media)
Kuhoo Garg and Dhruv Rawat put up a brilliant effort to win the mixed doubles title at the Egypt International 2019 in Cairo on Sunday.
The unseeded Garg and Rawat held their nerves for a tight 21-16, 22-20 victory over the third seeds Utkarsh Arora and Karishma Wadkar in an all-Indian final.
Garg and Rawat showed excellent understanding as they had accounted for the second seeds Ahmed Salah and Hadia Hosny 21-16 21-15 of Egypt in the second round and then followed it up with a comeback 16-21 21-16 21-9 win over fourth seeds Koceila Mammeri and Linda Mazri of Algeria in the semi-finals.
Garg, however, failed to have double delight as she later went down in the women's doubles final with Sanyogita Ghorpade.
The two gave their all before bowing out narrowly, 16-21 21-19 19-21 to third seeds Simran Singhi and Ritika Thaker.
Meanwhile, at the Dubai International Challenge, Rituparna Das succumbed to a 21-23, 17-21 defeat in 36 minutes to Japan's World No. 208 Mako Urushizaki. The World No. 144 was looking for her first BWF title of the year.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Naagin 4's Nia Sharma Starved Herself to Look a Particular Way
- MTV India Launches Petition for Biryani Emoticon, Desi Foodies Think it's About Time
- Instagram Cracks Down on Ghosty, a Scary Stalking App For Android Phones
- Tata Sky Offers Free Amazon Fire TV Stick With HD STBs: Everything You Need to Know
- Maneka Gandhi Sends Help Within an Hour After Journalist Tweets Photo of Injured Monkey