Lakshya Sen Enters Final of Belgian International Challenge
Lakshya Sen registered a straight sets to enter the men's singles final of the Belgian International Challenge.
File photo of Lakshya Sen.
Leuven: Rising Indian shuttler Lakshya Sen stormed into the men's singles final of the Belgian International Challenge with a straight game win over Denmark's Kim Bruun here.
The 18-year-old from Almora notched up a comfortable 21-18 21-11 win over Bruun in a 48-minute semi-final clash on Friday night.
Lakshya, the Asian Junior champion, will face second seed Victor Svendsen of Denmark in the finals.
The semi-final clash was a close affair initially with Lakshya and Bruun exchanging leads frequently before the Danish shuttler jumped to a 11-9 advantage at the break.
However, Lakshya erased the deficit after the interval and build on a slender 13-12 lead to slowly move ahead and eventually pocketed the opening game comfortably.
Lakshya came out with all cylinders blazing in the second game to jump to a 6-2 lead early on and then reeled off five straight points to grab a 11-3 lead at the breather.
The Indian produced another burst of five straight points to create a huge gap which Bruun failed to bridge.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- TikTok Star Puts on Modi Mask While Walking Next to Arvind Kejriwal in Rally and We're Very Confused
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 119 Written Updates: Salman Khan Evicts Shefali Jariwala, Sidharth Shukla Wins Elite Membership
- Grammys 2020: Nick Jonas Has the Best Response to Fans Pointing Out What Was Stuck in His Teeth
- Alia Bhatt Sends Kangana Ranaut Flowers for Her Padma Shri Honour
- WhatsApp Users Beware: This Simple Trick Can Save Your Phone From Being Hacked