Parupalli Kashyap Breaks into Top 25, PV Sindhu Drops to World No. 6
Parupalli Kashyap jumped five places to reach the world no 25 spot, while world champions PV Sindhu dropped a rung to the sixth spot.
Parupalli Kashyap and PV Sindhu (Photo Credit: BAI)
New Delhi: Former Commonwealth Games champion Parupalli Kashyap broke into the top 25 in the latest BWF rankings while World champion PV Sindhu dropped a rung to the sixth spot.
Sindhu made early exits at the China Open and Korea Open which resulted in her ranking dip. Kashyap, meanwhile, reached the semi-final at last week's Korea Open Super 500 tournament and therefore jumped five places to reach the world no 25 spot.
Saina Nehwal remained at no. 8 while Kidambi Srikanth, B Sai Praneeth and Sameer Verma improved a place each to occupy the world no. 9, 12 and 17th places respectively.
Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty, who won the Thailand Open, remained at the 12th spot in men's doubles, while Ashwini Ponnappa and N Sikki Reddy, who had finished runners-up at Maldives, gained a spot to reach 19th position.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Happy Children’s Day 2019: Relive Your Childhood with These Bollywood Films
- Photoshopped Image of Cricketer Smriti Mandhana with Lipstick and Fairer Skin Causes Outrage
- HiBy R3 Review: A Mainstream Hi-Fi Audio Player that Suits Beginner Audio Hobbyists
- Not Speaking to My Mother Was Tough: Real Kashmir FC Defender as Valley Lockdown Completes 100 Days
- KTM 390 Adventure First Look Review at EICMA 2019 – Watch Video