Saina Nehwal Facing Visa Issues for Denmark Open, Seeks Help From External Affairs Ministry
Saina Nehwal took to Twitter to request for urgent visas for herself and her trainer for Denmark Open next week.
File photo of Saina Nehwal.
Top Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal is facing visa issues for her participation in next week's Denmark Open and he has sought help of External Affairs Ministry to sort out the matter.
The Denmark Open, a top BWF Super 750 tournament, will be played at Odense from October 15 to 20.
"I have an urgent request regarding visa for me and my trainer to Denmark. I have a tournament next week in Odense and we don't have our visas processed yet. Our matches are starting on Tuesday next week," tweeted Saina by tagging External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar.
I have an urgent request regarding visa for me and my trainer to Denmark. I have a tournament next week in Odense and we don’t have our visas processed yet . Our matches are starting on Tuesday next week . @DrSJaishankar @MEAQuery @DenmarkinIndia #danisadenmarkopen2019— Saina Nehwal (@NSaina) October 7, 2019
The 29-year-old Saina, an Olympic bronze medallist, had finished runner-up in the tournament last year, losing to Chinese Taipei's Tai Tzu-Ying in the final.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Watch: Burglar Kisses Elderly Woman to Calm Her During Robbery in Pharmacy
- Indian Tourist from Maharashtra Detained in Bhutan for 'Desecrating' Holy Buddhist Chorten
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football