Saina Nehwal, Lakshya Sen Eye Title at Saarlorlux Open
Saina Nehwal and Lakshya Sen will lead the Indian challenge in the women's and men's singles event at the Saarlorlux Open.
Saina Nehwal (Photo Credit: BAI)
Saarbrucken: Saina Nehwal and Lakshya Sen will look to put their best foot forward when they spearhead the Indian challenge at the Saarlorlux Open super tour 100 tournament beginning here on Tuesday.
London Olympic bronze medallist Saina, who had claimed the Indonesia Masters in January before going through a tough phase, will hope to grab another title to boost her confidence when she opens against Germany's Fabienne Deprez.
The 29-year-old Indian snapped a hat trick of first-round exits when she reached the quarters at the French Open last week and she will look to continue her run in the tournament, where she has been given the top billing.
Lakshya, meanwhile, will look to grab his third title of the season after having claimed crowns at the Belgian international and Dutch Open. He had also reached the finals of Polish Open.
The eighth seeded Indian received a bye in the opening round and will begin against the winner of the first round match between Eetu u Heino and Elias Bracke.
Among other Indians, Kiran George, Mithun Manjunath and Rahul Bharadwaj are also in the fray
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Amitabh Bachchan Posts His Bed-ridden Photograph, Says Body is Giving a Signal to Slow Down
- World's Most Pierced Man with a Record of 450 Piercings Shows off His 'Devil Horns’
- Does Lionel Messi Really Have This Popular Comedian’s Face Tattooed on His Back?
- Pet Dog in Odisha Fights Cobra Before Killing it, Saves Family of Six
- WhatsApp is Killing The Battery on Android Phones, OnePlus Phones Seem Worst Hit