Chetan Bhagat Slams Twitterati For Criticising Five Point Someone's Inclusion In DU Syllabus
Chetan Bhagat has taken to twitter to react to the critical reception of Delhi University's decision to include his debut novel Five Point Someone in one of its courses.
A file photo of Chetan Bhagat.
New Delhi: Writer Chetan Bhagat has taken to twitter to react to the critical reception of Delhi University's decision to include his debut novel Five Point Someone" in one of its courses.
"Can understand elitists, fakes, wannabe white, you- bloody-Indian types are upset DU has added my books in their course. My sympathies," he tweeted.
Can understand elitists, fakes, wannabe white, you-bloody-Indian types are upset DU has added my books in their course. My sympathies.
— Chetan Bhagat (@chetan_bhagat) April 25, 2017
The move to have the book as one of the options for the Popular Literature paper in the Generic Elective course, was met with criticism online with #fivepointsomeone trending.
"#fivepointsomeone DU's next move will be including '50 shades of Grey' in the psychology syllabus," a tweet read.
A user wrote, "When you have #chetanbhagat in your syllabus, there's full chance of you turning out to be half- literate #FivePointSomeone #DU."
Several tweets, some addressed to the HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar, also questioned the eligibility of Bhagat's book to qualify as good literature.
"Does #FivePointSomeone qualify as a good literature, as it is now a part of #delhiuniversity syllabus. @PrakashJavdekar @HRDMinistry," a Twitter user wrote
Recommended For You
- Umpire Brutally Assaulted by Players During a Club Game in New Zealand
- Unable to Hold Herself Back, Neha Kakkar Once Again Breaks Down on the Sets of Reality Show
- Ponty Chadha's Relative Crashes Bentley Bentayga Worth Rs 4.40 Crore in Delhi, 4 Injured
- All is not Well Between Alia Bhatt and Beau Ranbir Kapoor? The Actress Answers
- 'Who Released JeM Chief?' Sidhu Reminds BJP of Kandahar After Drawing Flak for Pulwama Comments
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s