Marvel Announces the Creation of its First Chinese Superhero
The publishing giant is set to make its Chinese debut
Marvel logo (Image courtesy: Marvel Studios)
US publishing giant Marvel will work together with a Beijing-based company to create its first-ever Chinese comic superhero.
The Disney-owned company, which has created iconic superheroes like Spiderman and Captain America, and Chinese company NetEase have signed an agreement to work together to create the first comic with a Chinese superhero.
Marvel has also authorised NetEase to release 12 copies of its comic stories online in China, including Guardians of the Galaxy, The Amazing Spider-Man and Captain America, reports Efe news.
Movies based on Marvel comics have earned over 8 billion yuan ($1.18 billion) in China so far.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif as Ekta Kapoor Weighs In
- Google Pixel 4 isn't Coming to India and Desi Fanboys are Upset With Sundar Pichai
- Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled: Here's All You Need to Know
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution