100 mn Jio Customers in 170 Days : Takeaways From Mukesh Ambani's Speech
Reliance Industries Chairperson and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani on Tuesday said that Jio has breached the 100 million customer mark in 170 days. Also, Jio users consumed over 100 crore GB of data since launch.
File image of Reliance Industries Chairperson and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani. (Image: TV Grab/CNN-News18)
New Delhi: Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries Ltd., announced that Jio had added 100 million customers in the 170 days since its launch.
Here are key takeaways from his speech:
• Jio has added customers at the rate of 7 per second each second for the past 170 days.
• Jio customers have generated 200 Crore voice and video calls every day.
• Jio has 60,000 employees and 10 lakh retail partners.
• Jio users consume nearly as much mobile data as in the USA and nearly 50% more than in China.
• India was 150th in the world in broadband penetration. Today, it is the number one country in the world for mobile data usage.
• Jio carries nearly 5.5 Crore hours of video daily on its network, making it one of the largest mobile video networks.
• By the end of 2017, the Jio network will be present in nearly all the cities, towns and villages of India covering 99% of our country’s population.
(Disclosure: News18.com is part of Network18 Media & Investment Limited which is owned by Reliance Industries Limited that also owns Reliance Jio)
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,751.65||1.59|
Recommended For You
- At 'PM Narendra Modi' Trailer Launch, Vivek Oberoi Responds Brilliantly When Asked If He'd Join Politics
- Holi 2019: 5 Bollywood Films That Will Not Remain Same Without Festival of Colours
- Holi: Wholly Made Up in Bollywood, the Real Festival Can Get a Lot Dirtier
- Hey Siri, New Apple AirPods Are Priced From Rs 14,900; H1 Chip And Longer Battery Life On Board
- Six Dead, Dozens Injured as Blast Rocks Chemical Plant in China
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s