Air India Says No Flights Will Be Affected After IOC Decides to Stop Fuel Supply from Oct 18 Over Dues
The decision comes days after public sector oil marketing companies had threatened to discontinue fuel supplies to the fiscally strapped national carrier at six major airports in the country.
For Representation. (Image: Twitter)
New Delhi: Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has decided to stop the ATF fuel supply to Air India starting October 18 after the national carrier failed to comply with Rs 100 Crore per month payment that was agreed upon
The decision comes days after public sector oil marketing companies (OMCs), including IOC, BPCL and HPCL had threatened to discontinue fuel supplies to the fiscally strapped national carrier at six major airports in the country.
Air India, however, insisted the move will not affect the schedules or movement of flights.
Trouble mounted for Air India on October 10 when the state-owned oil marketing companies sent it an ultimatum, asking it to make the pending payments by October 18, a failure of which would result in discontinuation of jet fuel supply at six major airports, including Mumbai and Delhi.
On October 13, the airline said the aviation jet fuel payment issues are being sorted out and will be resolved soon with the oil PSUs. It also ‘assured’ its customers of smooth operations, saying it has taken all the measures in the eventuality of the two sides failing to reach an understanding on the issue.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mardaani 2 Trailer: Rani Mukherjee is Back as Fierce Policewoman Out to Nab a Serial Rapist
- Very Few World Class Bowlers in Test Cricket Now: Sachin Tendulkar
- Ali Fazal's Reply to Fan's Request to Ask Girlfriend Richa Chaddha to Unblock Him Will Leave You in Splits
- Despite Advisory Bed Rest, Amitabh Bachchan Pulls Off 18 Hour Shift for Kaun Banega Crorepati
- IQAir Health Pro 250 Review: Can You Really Put a Price on Clean Air at Home?