Amazon Plans New Grocery-store Business Across US: Report
Amazon is planning its first store in Los Angeles as early as the end of the year.
Amazon logo. Image used for representational purpose. (Photo: AFP)
Amazon.com Inc is planning to open dozens of grocery stores across the United States as it looks to expand in the food business, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing people familiar with the matter.
The online retail giant is planning its first store in Los Angeles as early as the end of the year, and has already signed leases for at least two other grocery locations with openings planned for early next year, the Journal reported.
The new stores would be distinct from Amazon's upscale Whole Foods Market brand, the report added.
Amazon did not immediately respond to Reuters' request for comment.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected