Anand Mahindra to Step Down as Mahindra Group Executive Chairman on April 1, 2020
Anand Mahindra will serve as a “mentor” in his new role as non-executive chairman of the board.
File photo of Anand Mahindra.
Mumbai: Mahindra Group on Friday said Anand Mahindra will step down as Executive Chairman from April 1, 2020.
"With effect from April 1, 2020, Mahindra will transition to the role of Non-Executive Chairman of the board of Mahindra & Mahindra. This is in accordance with the Sebi guidelines," the group said in a statement.
Pawan Goenka will be re-designated as Managing Director and Chief Executive from April 1.
As Non-Executive Chairman, Mahindra will serve as a mentor and sounding board for the Managing Director, especially in the areas of strategic planning, risk mitigation and external interface, the statement said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Cat Fight: UK Couple Wins Rs 18 Lakh Court Case to Stop Neighbour from Feeding Pet Feline
- Reliance Jio Q3 2019-20 Results: Subscriber Base Jumps to 370 Million as of December 31, 2019
- Who is Arushi Sharma, the New Actress in Love Aaj Kal Trailer?
- Hockey India Contributes 25,000 US Dollars for Australian Bushfire Victims
- Bigg Boss 13: Anup Soni Supports Sidharth Shukla, Says He Never Misbehaved on Balika Vadhu Sets