Banks' Loans Rose 12% Year-on-year in Two Weeks to June 21: RBI
Outstanding loans fell 33.3 billion rupees ($486.79 million) to 96.49 trillion rupees in the two weeks ended June 21.
Representative photo. (Image: Reuters)
Bengaluru: The banks' loans rose 12% in the two weeks ended June 21 from a year earlier, while deposits rose 10%, the Reserve Bank of India's weekly statistical supplement showed on Friday.
Outstanding loans fell 33.3 billion rupees ($486.79 million) to 96.49 trillion rupees in the two weeks ended June 21. Non-food credit rose 28.6 billion rupees to 95.77 trillion rupees, while food credit fell 61.8 billion rupees to 714.2 billion rupees.
Bank deposits fell 496.7 billion rupees to 124.91 trillion rupees in the two weeks ended June 21.
Recommended For You
- Sheila Dikshit, Former Delhi Chief Minister, Passes Away At 81
- Perry Continues to Fly the Flag for Women’s Cricket with Ashes Heroics
- Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone to Star in Luv Ranjan's Next? These Pictures Say So
- Will Ravi Shastri Continue As India’s Head Coach?
- Tiger Shroff, Disha Patani Step Out for Dinner Date Amid Breakup Rumours, See Pics