Jaitley Announces Concessions for Working Women, Less Tax Burden
Arun Jaitley's Budget 2018 announced a number of concessions for women in the workforce while promising to create 70 lakh more formal jobs this year.
Image for representational purpose only. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: Giving female workforce of the country a big boost, Jaitley announced that his government will now contribute a greater share for women employees' EPF accounts. "Contribution from women employees will be brought down from 12% to 8%," Jaitley announced. This means, women employees will now have lesser tax burden, and greater take home salaries.
Jaitley also announced that the union government will now contribute 12% wages as EPF in all sectors for the next three years.
Under the EPF scheme, an employee has to pay a certain contribution towards the scheme and an equal contribution is paid by the employer. The employee gets a lump sum amount including self and employer's contribution with interest on both, on retirement.
The finance minister announced these schemes while claiming that the government had created 70 lakh formal jobs within this year alone. The job sector has been an important focus for the government, which promised 10 crore jobs in its five year tenure.
|Power Grid Corp||209.65||3.99|
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies | Gayle - Jovial and Fun-loving Everywhere, Firm With Youngsters
- Leonardo DiCaprio Draws Attention to Chennai Water Crisis, Kabir Singh Crosses Rs 100 Cr Mark
- Director Anubhav Sinha Writes Open Letter Ahead of Article 15 Release
- 'Crowilla': Crow or Gorilla? This Absurd Video of a Bird is Leaving Netizens Completely Baffled
- RBI Committee Recommendations For KYC on Google Duo or Apple FaceTime Could See Larger Implementation
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s