Budget 2019: Now, PAN, Aadhaar Interchangeable for Filing of IT Returns
Presenting the first budget of the Modi government in its second term, Sitharaman also said Aadhaar card for NRIs with Indian passports will be issued after their arrival in India.
New Delhi: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Friday said PAN and Aadhaar have been made interchangeable, allowing those who do not have PAN to file income tax returns.
Presenting the first budget of the Modi government in its second term, Sitharaman said Aadhaar card for NRIs with Indian passports will be issued after their arrival in India, without waiting for the mandatory 180 days.
Sitharaman said with a view to incentivising investment in GIFT City, the government proposes several tax benefits.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kangana Ranaut Seeks Blessings at Rameshwaram Temple in Tamil Nadu, See Pics
- Vicky Kaushal's Bhoot Fights Hard at Box Office, Earns Rs 10.62 Crore in 2 Days
- India vs Australia, FIH Hockey Pro League 2020 HIGHLIGHTS: India Beat Australia in Penalty Shootout
- Old Video of Lion Playing in the Grass After Being Rescued from Circus is Breaking the Internet
- Bhutan's PM Urges Every Citizen to Adopt 'Stray Dogs' as Birthday 'Gift' to its King