Budget Carrier Spicejet Signs on Amadeus as its First Global Sales Partner
Amadeus currently provides its travel technology solutions to over 440 carriers, including over 100 low-cost and full- service carriers globally.
(Image for representation: PTI)
Mumbai: Budget carrier Spicejet on Tuesday appointed travel technology solutions provider Amadeus as its first global distribution partner, which would help it reach out to new markets and travelers worldwide.
However, Spicejet's entire ticketing inventory will continue to be available to domestic travellers through existing channels as well as with Amadeus with a different
pricing, the airline said in a statement.
Airline chairman Ajay Singh said this distribution tie-up with Amadeus will enable the airline's customers to connect with its growing international network.
The Gurugram-based carrier currently operates an average 516 flights daily connecting 59 destinations, including to eight international airports with a with a fleet
of 48 Boeing 737s, and 27 regional jets Bombardier Q-400s.
It also has a freighter, a Boeing 737, in the fleet to cater to the cargo flights network.
Amadeus provides its travel technology solutions to over 440 carriers, including over 100 low-cost and full- service carriers globally.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes