Centre Allows ONGC to Buy Out Gov Stake in Refiner HPCL: Source
The government owns 51.1 percent stake in Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL).
Representative image. (Photo: Reuters/Amit Dave)
New Delhi: The Centre on Wednesday approved a plan to sell the government's stake in state refiner Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) to explorer Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC), a source said, in a bid to create oil giants to compete with global rivals.
The government owns 51.1 percent stake in HPCL.
"ONGC has forwarded a proposal to acquire HPCL. Process for in-principle approval for this proposal has been initiated," Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan told lawmakers earlier on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- A Deleted Scene in Game of Thrones has All The Answers About Cersei's Pregnancy
- Teaser of Mohanlal's Lucifer 2 Has Blockbuster Written All Over It
- Justin Bieber Gives Money to Homeless Man in Miami, Beliebers Shower Him With Praise
- Renault Triber Unveiled in India, Gets 7 Seats and a Modular Cabin
- Can You Trust Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency? Initial Regulatory Indicators Aren’t Exactly Positive
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s