Centre Plans to Borrow Rs 2.88 Lakh Crore in First Half of 2018-19
The government and the Reserve Bank of India are also considering a plan to raise the foreign investment limit in government bonds.
New Delhi: The government plans to borrow Rs 2.88 lakh crore in the first half of the 2018/19 financial year that begins in April, it said on Monday.
In the union budget unveiled in February, the government said it envisages a gross market borrowing of Rs 6.06 lakh crore in 2018/19 and a net market borrowing of Rs 4.62 lakh crore.
The government and the Reserve Bank of India are also considering a plan to raise the foreign investment limit in government bonds, SC Garg, economic affairs secretary, told reporters.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Swara Bhasker Taking Off Her Heels on the IIFA Green Carpet is Basically All of Us
- Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Taimur Forget Way to Pataudi Palace, Locals Catch Them for Selfies
- Salman Khan Miffed with Ranbir Kapoor's Tentative Film's Title Devil?
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Goal