Dhanlaxmi Bank Stocks Jump 5 Percent after Profit Rises Two-fold
Shares of Dhanlaxmi Bank were up 4.96 per cent at Rs 16.50 apiece on the BSE. Similarly, on the NSE, the stock saw a rise of 5.09 per cent to Rs 16.50.
New Delhi: Shares of Dhanlaxmi Bank on Friday rose over 5 per cent after the bank reported a nearly two-fold rise net profit for the September quarter.
Shares of the private sector lender were up 4.96 per cent at Rs 16.50 apiece on the BSE. Similarly, on the NSE, the stock saw a rise of 5.09 per cent to Rs 16.50.
Dhanlaxmi Bank on Thursday reported nearly two-fold rise in its net profit at Rs 22.07 crore for the second quarter ended on September 30, as bad loan ratio came down.
The bank had posted a net profit of Rs 12.15 crore in the corresponding July-September quarter of the previous fiscal.
The lender made provisions for bad loans and contingencies of Rs 25.38 crore for the September quarter, while there was a de-provisioning of Rs 18.19 crore a year earlier.
The asset quality witnessed improvement as the gross non-performing assets (NPAs) fell to 7.06 per cent (Rs 476.08 crore) of the gross advances as on September 30, 2019 from 7.81 per cent (Rs 488.74 crore) a year ago.
The net NPAs were 1.65 per cent (Rs 105.34 crore), down from 2.92 per cent (Rs 173.54 crore). Provision coverage ratio as on September 30, 2019, is 89.16 per cent, the bank said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salaam, a Video Game Based on a Refugee's Life, Wants You to See Their Harsh Realities
- Old Video of Lion Playing in the Grass After Being Rescued from Circus is Breaking the Internet
- The One Where They Reunite: The 'FRIENDS' Reunion is Happening, and Fans Cannot Keep Calm
- Disrespectful to Not Consult My Father, Shekhar Kapur About Mr India 2: Sonam Kapoor
- Leaked Pics from The Batman Sets Reveal First Look at Batsuit, Batcycle and Catwoman