Economy to Grow More Than 7% Next Fiscal: Shaktikanta Das
Stepping up the growth pitch, Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das on Saturday expressed confidence that the economy will grow upwards of 7 per cent next fiscal.
File Photo of Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: Stepping up the growth pitch, Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das on Saturday expressed confidence that the economy will grow upwards of 7 per cent next fiscal.
"For this year's GDP growth, we have to wait till March-end. But next year, it will be upwards of 7 percent," he said.
Drawing on Finance Minister Arun Jaitley's statements, the secretary said there will be the transient impact of demonetisation on the economy, but it will not spill over to the next fiscal.
A large part of the economy is moving towards digital transactions, he noted.
Despite the global headwinds, Das said India's growth remains much stronger.
"It has stayed afloat. Not only stayed afloat but also doing well. Our commitment is to push growth momentum," he explained.
Listing various reforms measures as announced in the Budget, Das spoke of gains for farmers from the integration of spot and derivative market in the commodity.
He also dubbed announcement on contract farming and UGC as very big reforms.
Recommended For You
- 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Recalled in India Due to Faulty Speedometer Assembly
- Revealed! Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh's Wedding Outfits Will be Created by This Designer
- FIR Actor Kavita Kaushik Shuts Down Haters, Flaunts Toned Body in Beachwear
- Franck Ribery Slaps TV Pundit After Bayern Munich Lose to Borussia Dortmund - Report
- Paris Call: Will Big Tech Companies And French President Macron be Able to Clean up The Internet?