Economy to Grow More Than 7% Next Fiscal: Shaktikanta Das
Stepping up the growth pitch, Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das on Saturday expressed confidence that the economy will grow upwards of 7 per cent next fiscal.
File photo of RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das.
New Delhi: Stepping up the growth pitch, Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das on Saturday expressed confidence that the economy will grow upwards of 7 per cent next fiscal.
"For this year's GDP growth, we have to wait till March-end. But next year, it will be upwards of 7 percent," he said.
Drawing on Finance Minister Arun Jaitley's statements, the secretary said there will be the transient impact of demonetisation on the economy, but it will not spill over to the next fiscal.
A large part of the economy is moving towards digital transactions, he noted.
Despite the global headwinds, Das said India's growth remains much stronger.
"It has stayed afloat. Not only stayed afloat but also doing well. Our commitment is to push growth momentum," he explained.
Listing various reforms measures as announced in the Budget, Das spoke of gains for farmers from the integration of spot and derivative market in the commodity.
He also dubbed announcement on contract farming and UGC as very big reforms.
Recommended For You
- Tahira Kashyap Gets Massively Trolled for Sitting on Buddha Statue, Issues Apology
- Can You Trust Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency? Initial Regulatory Indicators Aren’t Exactly Positive
- What It Means To Be Lok Sabha Speaker
- Apple Rolls Out The iOS 13 Beta 2 For Developers: Here is Everything That it Brings to Your iPhone
- Updates Galore For OnePlus 7 Pro, as The OxygenOS 9.5.8 Now Rolls Out: The Complete Changelog
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s