Economy to Grow More Than 7% Next Fiscal: Shaktikanta Das
Stepping up the growth pitch, Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das on Saturday expressed confidence that the economy will grow upwards of 7 per cent next fiscal.
File Photo of Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: Stepping up the growth pitch, Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das on Saturday expressed confidence that the economy will grow upwards of 7 per cent next fiscal.
"For this year's GDP growth, we have to wait till March-end. But next year, it will be upwards of 7 percent," he said.
Drawing on Finance Minister Arun Jaitley's statements, the secretary said there will be the transient impact of demonetisation on the economy, but it will not spill over to the next fiscal.
A large part of the economy is moving towards digital transactions, he noted.
Despite the global headwinds, Das said India's growth remains much stronger.
"It has stayed afloat. Not only stayed afloat but also doing well. Our commitment is to push growth momentum," he explained.
Listing various reforms measures as announced in the Budget, Das spoke of gains for farmers from the integration of spot and derivative market in the commodity.
He also dubbed announcement on contract farming and UGC as very big reforms.
Recommended For You
- Dominant Maria Sharapova Win Sets up Caroline Wozniacki Clash
- In Pics: Katrina, Jacqueline, Karan Johar Have a Blast at Sidharth Malhotra's Birthday Bash
- Justin Bieber's Mother Raves Over Son's Wife Hailey Baldwin
- This Mahindra Thar Wanderlust Customized SUV Belongs to the Royal Family of Udaipur - Watch Video
- WhatsApp Gets Dedicated Button for Group Conference Calls
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s