Fortis Healthcare Pulls Out of Amalgamation Scheme With Fortis Malar, SRL
The scheme could not be completed even after 19 months due to reasons beyond the company's control, Fortis Healthcare said in a statement late on Wednesday. Fortis Malar runs a super speciality hospital in Chennai while SRL operates a chain of pathology clinics.
Image for Representation. (Reuters)
Fortis Healthcare Ltd on Wednesday withdrew the scheme of arrangement and amalgamation with its units Fortis Malar Hospitals Ltd and SRL Ltd, citing a delay in its completion.
The scheme could not be completed even after 19 months due to reasons beyond the company's control, Fortis Healthcare said in a statement late on Wednesday.
Fortis Malar runs a super speciality hospital in Chennai while SRL operates a chain of pathology clinics.
Given the headwinds in the sector and less-than-optimum performance of the diagnostics business during the period of delay, the scheme may not result in optimum value for shareholders, Fortis added.
The cash-strapped hospital's operator, which has become the target of a bidding war, earlier this month said it would look at a new round of bids from four local and international parties and fixed June 14 as the last day for the submission.
Recommended For You
- Payal Rohatgi Files Complaint Against Ajaz Khan Over Derogatory Video
- How NASA Astronauts Were Treated to Hero's Welcome on Return to Earth
- Daughter Disowns Trophy-Hunting Dad Who Kissed Partner Beside Slain Lion
- Gabriella Demetriades Shares Adorable Pic of Arjun Rampal Holding Their Newborn Son, See Here
- PUBG Mobile: Here are Top Five Features Added With Season 8