France’s Total Close to Buying 30% Stake in Adani Gas for More than Rs 5,500 Crores : Report
The Total SA- Adani Gas deal is expected to trigger an open offer to public shareholders of Adani Gas, and Total may end up having an equal stake in the company as billionaire Gautam Adani.
A logo is seen over prices at French oil and gas company Total gas station in Marseille. REUTERS/Jean-Paul Pelissier
French energy giant Total SA is close to acquiring a 30% stake in Indian gas distribution company Adani Gas for upwards of rupees 5,500 crore, as per a report.
The deal is expected to trigger an open offer to public shareholders of Adani Gas, and Total may end up having a roughly equal stake in the company as billionaire promoter Gautam Adani, the report said.
Adani Gas, an arm of Adani Group, operates a distribution pipeline network of over 6,000 km and caters to nearly 350,000 retail customers, the report said.
Total and Adani Gas were not immediately available for comment.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried