France’s Total Close to Buying 30% Stake in Adani Gas for More than Rs 5,500 Crores : Report
The Total SA- Adani Gas deal is expected to trigger an open offer to public shareholders of Adani Gas, and Total may end up having an equal stake in the company as billionaire Gautam Adani.
A logo is seen over prices at French oil and gas company Total gas station in Marseille. REUTERS/Jean-Paul Pelissier
French energy giant Total SA is close to acquiring a 30% stake in Indian gas distribution company Adani Gas for upwards of rupees 5,500 crore, as per a report.
The deal is expected to trigger an open offer to public shareholders of Adani Gas, and Total may end up having a roughly equal stake in the company as billionaire promoter Gautam Adani, the report said.
Adani Gas, an arm of Adani Group, operates a distribution pipeline network of over 6,000 km and caters to nearly 350,000 retail customers, the report said.
Total and Adani Gas were not immediately available for comment.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
|Power Grid Corp||198.30||-1.47|
Recommended For You
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 16 Written Updates: Asim Gets Aggressive and Tries to Pull Rashami Out of Bed
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Rides Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 to Promote State Tourism
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream