Gold Price Edges up by Rs 14 on Firm Global Cues
Gold prices rose by Rs 14 to Rs 28,075 per 10 grams in futures trading on as speculators enlarged their positions amid a firming trend overseas.
Image for representative purposes. (Photo: Reuters)
New Delhi: Gold prices rose by Rs 14 to Rs 28,075 per 10 grams in futures trading on as speculators enlarged their positions amid a firming trend overseas.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, gold for delivery in far-month April rose by Rs 14, or 0.05 percent to Rs 28,075 per 10 grams in a business turnover of one lot.
Similarly, the yellow metal for delivery in February was trading higher by Rs 9, or 0.03 percent to Rs 28,060 per 10 grams in 88 lots.
Analysts said, a firming trend in the global markets as weakness in the dollar raised demand for the precious metal as a safe haven investment, mainly influenced gold prices at futures trade here.
Globally, gold rose as much as 0.43 percent to USD 1,185.90 an ounce in Singapore.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Having Multiple Husbands May Be a 'Wise Strategy' For Women, Claims Study
- Akshay Kumar's Mission Mangal Inches Closer to 100 Cr, John Abraham's Batla House Paces Up at BO
- BCCI Informs Indian High Commission in Antigua About Hoax Terror Threat
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships