Gold Price Edges up by Rs 14 on Firm Global Cues
Gold prices rose by Rs 14 to Rs 28,075 per 10 grams in futures trading on as speculators enlarged their positions amid a firming trend overseas.
Image for representative purposes. (Photo: Reuters)
New Delhi: Gold prices rose by Rs 14 to Rs 28,075 per 10 grams in futures trading on as speculators enlarged their positions amid a firming trend overseas.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, gold for delivery in far-month April rose by Rs 14, or 0.05 percent to Rs 28,075 per 10 grams in a business turnover of one lot.
Similarly, the yellow metal for delivery in February was trading higher by Rs 9, or 0.03 percent to Rs 28,060 per 10 grams in 88 lots.
Analysts said, a firming trend in the global markets as weakness in the dollar raised demand for the precious metal as a safe haven investment, mainly influenced gold prices at futures trade here.
Globally, gold rose as much as 0.43 percent to USD 1,185.90 an ounce in Singapore.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss Winner Shilpa Shinde Quits Twitter, Says 'My Own Fans Were Trying to Control Me'
- 'Mere Gully Mein' Creator Claims He was Not Paid for His Track Being Used in Gully Boy
- Patralekhaa Opens Up on Dating Rajkummar Rao for 8 Years, Shares How the Two Fell For Each Other
- Actress Hansika Motwani's Phone Hacked, Private Pictures Leaked Online
- Prateik Babbar and Sanya Sagar Get Married in Maharashtrian Style, See Pics
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s