Govt Seeks to Sell up to 10% Stake in Top Power Producer NTPC
The government has set a floor price of 168 rupees ($2.63) apiece for the sale through a stock market auction.
(Representative image. Photo: Reuters/Parivartan Sharma)
Mumbai: The government will sell a 5 percent stake in the country's biggest power producer NTPC Ltd over two days to Wednesday with an upsize option to sell an additional 5 percent, according to a regulatory filing.
The government has set a floor price of 168 rupees ($2.63) apiece for the sale through a stock market auction, the filing showed.
Ahead of the announcement, NTPC shares closed 2.5 percent higher at 173.30 rupees in a Mumbai market that gained 0.6 percent.
($1 = 63.9000 Indian rupees)
|Power Grid Corp||209.65||3.99|
Recommended For You
- Woman Scribbles ‘It’s Real’ After Being ‘Dead’ for 27 Minutes
- Divorced Man Ties ‘Cursed’ Wedding Ring to Fish, Says Life Has Been Great Since
- Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya Look Adorable in These Vacation Pics
- 'Crowilla': Crow or Gorilla? This Absurd Video of a Bird is Leaving Netizens Completely Baffled
- Shah Rukh Khan Rides BMW Motorcycle, Gives Safety Message to Fans - Watch Video
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s