Govt to Infuse Rs 83,000 Crore in Public Sector Banks in Next Few Months: Arun Jaitley
The move will enhance the total recapitalisation in the current fiscal from Rs 65,000 crore to Rs 1.06 lakh crore.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
New Delhi: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday said the government will infuse Rs 83,000 crore in public sector banks in the next few months of the current fiscal.
On Thursday, the government sought Parliament's approval for infusion of an additional Rs 41,000 crore in the state-owned banks through the second batch of Supplementary Demands for Grants.
This would enhance the total recapitalisation in the current fiscal from Rs 65,000 crore to Rs 1.06 lakh crore.
The recapitalisation, Jaitley told reporters, will enhance the lending capacity of state-owned banks and help them come out of the RBI's Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework.
Jaitley further said recognition of non-performing assets in the public sector banks is complete, and the downslide in bad loans has begun.
Recommended For You
- A Deleted Scene in Game of Thrones has All The Answers About Cersei's Pregnancy
- Justin Bieber Gives Money to Homeless Man in Miami, Beliebers Shower Him With Praise
- Renault Triber Unveiled in India, Gets 7 Seats and a Modular Cabin
- KTM RC 125 ABS launched at Rs 1.47 Lakh in India
- Xiaomi Sells More Than 100,000 Mi TVs in Just 9 Minutes During 618 Sales in China
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s