Govt's Outstanding Loans from RBI at Rs 789.43 Billion in July 12 Week
State governments had loans worth 69.94 billion rupees from the RBI in the week ended July 12, compared with 55.66 billion rupees in the previous week, RBI weekly statistical release said.
File photo of RBI logo (Reuters).
New Delhi: The government had 789.43 billion rupees ($11.47 billion) outstanding loans with the central bank under ways and means advances in the week ended July 12, according to the Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) weekly statistical supplement released on Friday.
The central government had 667.93 billion rupees outstanding loans in the week earlier.
State governments had loans worth 69.94 billion rupees from the RBI in the week ended July 12, compared with 55.66 billion rupees in the previous week, the release showed.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Airtel TV App Rebranded to Airtel XStream; More Than 350 Live TV Channels in Tow
- Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Post Contrasting Wins at World Badminton Championships
- Youtuber Finds GoPro Camera Containing Final Moments of Teenager Who Drowned
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]