For the Second Time, GST Collections Drop Below Rs 1 Lakh Crore to Rs 98,202 Crore
Gross revenue collections from the Goods and Services Tax (GST) in July stood at Rs 1.02 lakh crore.
Representative image.(Network18 Creatives)
New Delhi: India's gross GST collections slipped below Rs 1 lakh crore to Rs 98,202 crore in August, according to official data released on Sunday.
Gross revenue collections from the Goods and Services Tax (GST) in July stood at Rs 1.02 lakh crore. The August 2019 mop-up was, however, 4.5 per cent higher than the Rs 93,960 crore collected in the same month last year.
This is the second time during this year that the revenue collection from the GST has slipped below the Rs 1 lakh crore mark. First, it happened in June when the collection was Rs 99,939 crore.
Central GST collections stood at Rs 17,733 crore, State GST Rs 24,239 crore, and Integrated GST Rs 48,958 crore (including Rs 24,818 crore collected on imports) during August this year, a statement said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Watch: Zoo Shares First Glimpse of Kiki, a Baby Red Panda
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video