GST to Come into Effect From July 1: Shaktikanta Das
The government plans to get the GST Council's approval on iGST (integrated GST), cGST (central GST) and sGST (state GST) drafts at its March 4-5 meeting before the second half of the budget session of Parliament begins on March 9.
New Delhi: The Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be implemented from July 1 as all states have agreed on the implementation date, Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das said on Tuesday.
"GST should be implemented by July 1. All states have agreed (on the date)," Das told reporters.
The government plans to get the GST Council's approval on iGST (integrated GST), GST (central GST) and GST (state GST) drafts at its March 4-5 meeting before the second half of the budget session of Parliament begins on March 9.
The draft compensation bill has already been approved in the Council's February 18 meeting.
The draft laws passed by the Council will have to be passed by Parliament. Simultaneously, sGST will have to be passed by state legislatures.
The four bills form the enabling laws under the GST constitutional amendment.
Another step remaining is to slot all the commodities under the GST tax slabs: 5 per cent, 12 per cent, 18 per cent and 28 per cent.
Each item has to be fitted under a particular slab. After the March 4-5 meeting, GST officers will do the slotting.
|Power Grid Corp||196.35||1.97|
Recommended For You
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018 Winners: Apple iPhone XS Max is The Undisputed Smartphone of The Year
- Avengers Endgame Trailer: Fan Spots Mistake in Iron Man's Helmet, Twitter Has an Explanation
- This Chinese Company Will Clone Your Pet for Rs 40 Lakh, Hubris Not Included
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018 Winners: Huawei P20 Pro is The Best Camera Phone of The Year
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Review: Doffing The Hat to McLaren Inspiration
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s