Here's What Gets Costly and What Becomes Cheap
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) has been primarily categorised into four tax slab rates—5%, 12%, 18% and 28%.
Image for representation. (Network18 Creatives)
New Delhi: The Goods and Services Tax (GST) has been primarily categorised into four tax slab rates—5%, 12%, 18% and 28%. However, there are items which have been exempted and attract the 0% rate while there are some sin and luxury goods that attract additional cess. As the government gears up for GST’s midnight roll-out, here’s a comprehensive guide.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Meet Dipesh, 18-Year-Old Dancer from Bengal Who's Trying to Put India on World Ballet Map
- Nick Jonas Signalling I Love You to Priyanka Chopra is the Gold Standard for Romance
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'
- Camera That Clicked San Francisco’s Fog Enveloped Golden Gate Bridge is Shutting Down
- Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's Weddings to Have This in Common