Home Loans to Get Cheaper as SBI Reduces Lending Rates Hours After RBI's Policy Announcement
State Bank of India announced a 15 basis points reduction in its lending rates, effective from August 10 across all tenors.
Image for Representation
Mumbai: Within hours of a steeper 35 basis points reduction in the repo rates by the Reserve Bank to 5.4 percent in its fourth consecutive steps, the largest lender State Bank announced a 15 basis points reduction in its lending rates, effective August 10 across all tenors.
The new one-year MCLR or the marginal cost based lending rates will come down to 8.25 percent from 8.40 percent annum, the lender said in a statement.
With this reduction, the bank's effective repo-linked lending rate (RLLR) for cash credit accounts (CC)/ overdrafts (OD) customers will be revised downwards to 7.65 percent, from September 9.
After this cut, home loans of the bank have become cheaper by 35 bps since April. The bank is offering a repo linked home loans from July 1, 2019.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Parineeti Chopra Looks Dishevelled And Bloodied in 'The Girl On The Train' First Look
- Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne-Moss Are Officially Returning for Matrix 4, And Fans Can't Keep Calm
- Youtuber Finds GoPro Camera Containing Final Moments of Teenager Who Drowned
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy