HPCL Plans to Shut Some Secondary Units at Mumbai, Vizag Refineries in 2019/20
HPCL also plans to shut a gasoline deslphuriser at its 150,000 bpd Mumbai refinery in the western state of Maharashtra for 15-20 days in December.
File photo of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) Refinery in Visakhapatnam. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: India's state-run Hindustan Petroleum Corp plans to shut some secondary units at its Mumbai and Vizag refineries in the current fiscal year in order to be able sell Euro-VI compliant fuel from April, its chairman MK Surana said on Wednesday.
The refiner plans to shut units that improve gasoline specs and a diesel hydro desulphuriser at its 166,000 barrels per day (bpd) Vizag refinery in southern India from early September to the end of October for upgrades, he said.
HPCL also plans to shut a gasoline deslphuriser at its 150,000 bpd Mumbai refinery in the western state of Maharashtra for 15-20 days in December, he added.
The refiner had shut a 70,000 bpd crude unit at the Mumbai refinery in April for 23 days, he said, adding the company has no further plans to shut crude units at its two refineries in 2019/20.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- A Joyous Siddhant Chaturvedi Shares a Fanboy Moment With Telugu Star Allu Arjun
- Ayushmann Khurrana Backs Priyanka Chopra on Pak Row, Says 'She is Good Representative of India'
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Jemimah Rodrigues Impresses Yorkshire Teammates With Impromptu Concert
- Not Just a Dropped Pin: Spacewalking Scientists Add Parking Spot to International Space Station