India's April-December Fiscal Deficit Narrows to 7.01 Trillion Rupees, Says Government
In April-November, India's fiscal deficit was 7.17 trillion rupees, or about 115 percent of the budgeted target.
An India Rupee note is seen in this illustration. (Reuters/File Photo)
New Delhi: India's April-December fiscal deficit narrowed to 7.01 trillion rupees ($97.80 billion), or 112.4 percent of the budgeted target for the current fiscal year, government data showed on Monday.
In April-November, the fiscal deficit was 7.17 trillion rupees, or about 115 percent of the budgeted target.
Net tax receipts in the first nine months of the fiscal year that ends in March were 9.36 trillion rupees, the data showed.
The government has revised upward its fiscal deficit target to 3.4 percent of GDP in the current fiscal year from the previously estimated 3.3 percent.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Swara Bhasker Taking Off Her Heels on the IIFA Green Carpet is Basically All of Us
- Viral Video Shows Reporter Saying She Tried to Contact the 'Dead' for Comment
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat