India's October Jobless Rate rises to 8.5%, Highest in Over 3 Years: CMIE
India's infrastructure output fell 5.2% in September from a year earlier, the worst performance in years, government data showed on Thursday.
Image for Representation. (Reuters)
New Delhi: India's unemployment rate in October rose to 8.5%, the highest since August 2016, and up from 7.2% in September, according to data released by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE) on Friday, reflecting the impact of a slowdown in the economy.
India's infrastructure output fell 5.2% in September from a year earlier, the worst performance in years, government data showed on Thursday, while the industrial output shrank at its fastest rate in more than six years in August.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes Passionately Kiss at LA Clippers Game
- PUBG Mobile Club Open 2019: SouL MortaL Donates Entire Winning Amount to Indian Army
- WhatsApp Gets One Step Closer to The Dark Mode; New Beta Gets Dark Wallpaper
- WhatsApp is Killing The Battery on Android Phones, OnePlus Phones Seem Worst Hit
- Emotions Got the Better of Me: Raheem Sterling Admits after Being Dropped by England