Industrial Growth Slips to 3.1% in May
There was a slowdown in the manufacturing sector, which grew at 2.5 per cent in May compared to 3.6 per cent a year ago.
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
New Delhi: Industrial production grew at 3.1 per cent in May, mainly on account of improvement in power generation, according to official data released Friday.
The Index of Industrial Production (IIP) had expanded by 3.8 per cent in May 2018.
The expansion in power generation sector stood at 7.4 per cent compared to 4.2 per cent in the year-ago month.
Mining growth was at 3.2 per cent in May as against 5.8 per cent in the corresponding month of the last fiscal.
However, there was a slowdown in the manufacturing sector, which grew at 2.5 per cent in May compared to 3.6 per cent a year ago.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bose Frames Review: Music And More, These Are Not Your Standard Sunglasses
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring