Industrial Growth Slips to 3.1% in May
There was a slowdown in the manufacturing sector, which grew at 2.5 per cent in May compared to 3.6 per cent a year ago.
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
New Delhi: Industrial production grew at 3.1 per cent in May, mainly on account of improvement in power generation, according to official data released Friday.
The Index of Industrial Production (IIP) had expanded by 3.8 per cent in May 2018.
The expansion in power generation sector stood at 7.4 per cent compared to 4.2 per cent in the year-ago month.
Mining growth was at 3.2 per cent in May as against 5.8 per cent in the corresponding month of the last fiscal.
However, there was a slowdown in the manufacturing sector, which grew at 2.5 per cent in May compared to 3.6 per cent a year ago.
Recommended For You
- Karan Patel Confirms Quitting Yeh Hai Mohabbatein: I'm Thankful to Ekta for Giving Me Raman Bhalla
- Injured Shaw Ruled out of Tests, Agarwal & Rahul Specialist Openers
- IAF Pilots Could Soon Fly Tom Cruise’s Fighter Jet From Top Gun Maverick
- Carey Hopes Steve Waugh’s Presence Helps Transition to Red-ball Cricket
- 'Virat Kohli' is a TikTok Star and No We aren't Talking About Team India Captain