Inflation under Control, Clear Signs of Revival in Factory Output, Says Finance Minister
Nirmala Sitharaman said that inspite of all worries on industrial production front in the fourth quarter of 2018-19, 'we see clear signs' of improvement up to July 2019.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman addresses the media on Saturday. (Twitter/@ANI)
New Delhi: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday said inflation is under control and there is a clear sign of revival of industrial production.
Addressing the third press conference to announce measures to boost economy, the minister said inflation has been kept "very much" below 4 per cent.
The government has mandated the Reserve Bank of India to keep the retail inflation in the band of 2-6 per cent. The latest inflation print based on Consumer Price Index was 3.21 per cent in August.
Sitharaman further said that inspite of all worries on industrial production front in the fourth quarter of 2018-19, "we see clear signs" of improvement up to July 2019.
The minister further said the steps announced to increase credit flow to NBFCs, including the partial credit guarantee scheme, has started showing results. "Several NBFCs have benefited," the minister said.
Sitharaman also informed that she will be meeting heads of public sector banks on September 19, a day before the GST Council meeting in Goa, to access the credit flow scenario to the economy.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Old Video of Lion Playing in the Grass After Being Rescued from Circus is Breaking the Internet
- Has Donald Trump Become 'LGBTQ Hero' Just Before His Visit to India?
- Leaked Pics from The Batman Sets Reveal First Look at Batsuit, Batcycle and Catwoman
- A Wall, Whiter Taj and Stink-free Yamuna: The Many Ways India is 'Cleaning Up' to Welcome Trump
- Reebok Zig Kinetica Review: When Inspiration From The Past Makes it All Worthwhile