Infosys Shares Fall on Media Report of Stake Sale by Founders
Shares in Infosys Ltd fell as much as 3.5 percent to their lowest in over a month on Friday after a newspaper reported the company's founders were planning to sell their stakes, citing people familiar with the development.
Employees of Indian software company Infosys walk past Infosys logos at their campus (Reuters)
Mumbai: Shares in Infosys Ltd fell as much as 3.5 percent to their lowest in over a month on Friday after a newspaper reported the company's founders were planning to sell their stakes, citing people familiar with the development.
Infosys co-founders are exploring a sale of their entire 12.75 percent stake, worth about 280 billion rupees ($4.36 billion), in the software services exporter, the Times of India reported.
The newspaper, however, quoted Infosys founder Narayana Murthy denying such a move. Murthy, along with his family, is the largest shareholder in Infosys with a 3.44 percent stake.
Shares of the software company fell as much as 3.5 percent to their lowest since May 5.
Promoters were not immediately reachable. Infosys had no immediate comment.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,640.30||1.56|
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Ranks Ahead of Shah Rukh, Salman Khan on Most Valued Indian Celebrity List
- Nissan Kicks Compact SUV Launched in India for Rs 9.55 Lakh, to Rival Hyundai Creta and Mahindra XUV300
- Cardiff Striker Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Suspected Plane Crash
- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Heavily Trolled for Flaunting Holographic Outfit Copied from International Brand
- How a Group of Muslims are Feeding TSA as US Government Shutdown Continues For 32nd Day
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s