Infosys Shares Rise Nearly 5 Percent on Nilekani Appointment
Infosys stock was the biggest gainer among both Sensex and Nifty components during the morning trade.
New Delhi: Infosys shares rose by nearly 5 per cent after the company named former CEO Nandan Nilekani as its new chairman.
The stock opened higher and further gained 4.49 per cent to Rs 953.50 on BSE.
At NSE, shares of the company went up by 4.58 per cent to Rs 953.95.
The stock was the biggest gainer among both Sensex and Nifty components during the morning trade.
Stock markets were closed on Friday for Ganesh Chaturthi.
Infosys faced a leadership crisis after first non-founder chief executive Vishal Sikka abruptly quit on August 18, blaming founders for slander.
Last week saw the founders staging a dramatic coup, bringing back co-founder Nandan Nilekani as its Chairman, replacing R Seshasayee.
|Power Grid Corp||197.80||1.93|
Recommended For You
- WATCH | Kapil Dev Recollects His Knock of 175 Against Zimbabwe
- Cricket World Cup 2019 | Shoaib Malik & Sania Mirza Hit Back at Twitter Trolling
- ICC World Cup 2019 | It Hurts to See the West Indies Struggle: Ambrose
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Belatedly Gets the Oxygen OS 9.5.4 Update With Bug Fixes And Improvements
- The Apple iPhone 2020 Lineup Expected to Have OLED Displays With 5G Support, Says Ming-Chi Kuo
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s