Jet Airways Shares Jump Over 8 Percent on Hinduja Stake Buy Buzz
In a statement, the Hinduja Group said that it is evaluating opportunities to invest in Jet Airways. The stock gained 8.61 per cent to Rs 163.85, on the NSE.
Image for representation
New Delhi: Shares of grounded Jet Airways advanced over 8 per cent in early trade Wednesday after the diversified Hinduja Group said it is evaluating the opportunity to invest in the airline.
On the BSE, the airline's scrip rose 8.59 per cent to Rs 163.70.
The stock gained 8.61 per cent to Rs 163.85, on the NSE.
"Hinduja Group is evaluating the Jet Airways opportunity," the group said in a statement Tuesday.
The grounded carrier shuttered its operations on April 17 and the lenders, led by SBI, are still scouting for investors to revive the airline, which has a debt burden of more than Rs 8,000 crore.
Shares of Jet Airways have risen for the third consecutive session. On Tuesday, the scrip closed with 14.73 per cent gains at Rs 150.75, while on Monday, it rose 5.88 per cent to settle at Rs 131.40 on the BSE.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jennifer Lopez Feels 'Relaxed and Recharged' as She Shows Off Her Incredible Bikini Body
- Watch: Chunks of Ice Dropped into Deep Holes Sound Like Laser Guns, Twitter Can't Get Enough
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Snapped with The Great Khali at Airport, See Pic
- Rangoli Chandel Lashes Out at Alia, Ananya, Karan Post Kangana Ranaut's Snub at Filmfare
- We Finally Know Why There is no Instagram App For The Apple iPad, Just Yet