Lok Sabha Passes Bill to Implement Corporate Tax Reduction
Taxation Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019, will amend the Income Tax Act 1961 and the Finance (No 2) Act 2019.
File photo of proceedings in Lok Sabha.
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Monday passed a Bill to replace an Ordinance for effecting reduction of corporate tax rates.
Taxation Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019, will amend the Income Tax Act 1961 and the Finance (No 2) Act 2019. It replace the Ordinance which was Promulgated by the President in September.
In the biggest reduction in 28 years, the government in September slashed corporate tax rates up to 10 percentage points as it looked to pull the economy out of a six-year low growth with a Rs 1.45 lakh crore tax break.
Base corporate tax for existing companies has been reduced to 22 per cent from 30 per cent, and to 15 per cent from 25 per cent for new manufacturing firms incorporated after October 1, 2019, and starting operations before March 31, 2023.
The companies opting for lower tax rates, however, will not be entitled to claim any rebate or deductions.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,821.50||-2.90|
Recommended For You
- 'Cowards': Hallmark Channel Faces Flak for Pulling Ads Featuring Lesbian Couple Marrying, Kissing
- Garam Hava Actress Gita Siddharth Kak Passes Away in Mumbai
- Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1 Review: A Business Laptop With a Pleasing Personality
- Trump Makes Twitter Record by Tweeting 123 Times in Couple of Hours Amid Impeachment Charges
- Football in Snow: Watch Real Kashmir FC Players Practice for I-League in Srinagar