Maruti Hikes Prices by Upto Rs 8,014 With Immediate Effect
Country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India on Friday hiked prices of its entire product range by upto Rs 8,014 with immediate effect.
Image for representation only. (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: Country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India on Friday hiked prices of its entire product range by upto Rs 8,014 with immediate effect.
The price hike is in the range of Rs 1,500 to Rs 8,014 (ex-showroom Delhi) across models, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) said in a statement.
"The hike in car prices is because of increase in commodity, transportation and administrative costs," it added.
The company sells a range of models starting from hatchback Alto 800 to premium crossover S-Cross, priced between Rs 2.45 lakh and Rs 12.03 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
In August last year, MSI had hiked the prices of its compact SUV Vitara Brezza by Rs 20,000 and that of premium hatchback Baleno by Rs 10,000. On a select range of models, the price hike was between Rs 1,500 and Rs 5,000.
Last year, various car makers like Hyundai Motor India, Mahindra & Mahindra, Nissan, Toyota, Renault, Mercedes-Benz India and Tata Motors had announced hikes in prices of their vehicles from January citing rise in input costs and adverse foreign exchange impact.
Recommended For You
- Watch Keshav Suri, Lalit Hotel Scion and LGBTQ Activist, Dance in Drag With His Mother
- Miss Universe 2018: All Eyes on Spain's Transgender Contestant Ahead of Announcement
- PUBG Vikendi Snow Map to be Released on 20 December 2018: Watch Video
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018: Motorcycle Of The Year
- Egypt Breaks History as It Opens 4,400-Year-Old Tomb Near Giza Pyramid
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s