- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 114/120
- TRS 96
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
Ministry of Corporate Affairs to Probe Allegations Against Dewan Housing: Report
DHFL on Wednesday said the Cobrapost report was unfounded and malicious, and that it had engaged lawyers to defend itself.
The Mumbai-based company had posted a net profit of Rs 495.44 crore in the third quarter of last fiscal.
New Delhi: India's Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has taken a "very serious note" of allegations of financial mismanagement against Dewan Housing Finance Corp Ltd (DHFL), a government source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Wednesday.
Investigative media outlet Cobrapost on Tuesday said Dewan diverted funds to shell companies to buy assets, and that firms linked to Dewan's controlling shareholders - the Wadhawan group - made political donations beyond mandated levels.
The company on Wednesday said the report was unfounded and malicious, and that it had engaged lawyers to defend itself.
The government will likely inspect the records of Dewan Housing and "further action" against the company and its directors cannot be ruled out, said the source, who declined to be named due to the sensitivity of the matter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Won't be Surprised if I Woke Up with Kartik Aaryan in Bed, Says Alaya F
- PUBG Mobile: Season 12 Leaks Confirm 2nd Anniversary Royale Pass Theme
- Trump Trolled for Sharing 'Ridiculous' Meme with Photoshopped Image of Obama Spying on Him
- I Feel Sick: Roger Federer's Thrilling 5-set Australian Open Win Leaves Everyone Breathless
- Coronavirus Death Toll Spikes: This Realtime Map Tracks Spread of Virus Around The World