M&M to Hike Price of its Range of Personal Vehicles by Up to Rs 36,000 from July 1
This price increase is due to the implementation of AIS 145 safety norms across all passenger vehicles in India, said auto major Mahindra & Mahindra in a BSE filing.
Representational Image. (Image source: Reuters)
New Delhi: Auto major Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) on Wednesday said that it will hike price of its range of personal vehicles by up to Rs 36,000 across models with effect from July 1.
"This price increase is due to the implementation of AIS 145 safety norms across all passenger vehicles in India," the company said in a BSE filing. Mahindra said, the SUVs that will take a substantial price increase are the Scorpio, Bolero, TUV300 and KUV100 NXT, while brands such as the XUV500 and Marazzo will increase prices marginally.
Implementation of AIS 145 Safety Norms from July 1, 2019 mandates the fitment of several safety features including driver airbag, seat belt reminder for driver and co-driver, rear parking sensors and an over speed alert for the driver across all passenger vehicle models, the company added.
"At Mahindra, safety has been at the core of our product development process and we welcome the regulatory requirements relating to safety upgrades. However, the safety regulatory requirement has led to some cost increases. Consequently, we are taking a price hike across some of our passenger vehicles, effective July 1, 2019," M&M President of Automotive Sector, Rajan Wadhera said.
Shares of M&M were trading 1.13 per cent lower at Rs 618.90 apiece on BSE.
Recommended For You
- I Hope I Can Get Gold: PV Sindhu Doesn't Want to Miss Opportunity After Reaching 1st Final of 2019
- 'Virat Kohli' is a TikTok Star and No We aren't Talking About Team India Captain
- Arbaaz Khan on Divorce from Malaika Arora: This Doesn't Mean We Will Hate Each Other
- How NASA Astronauts Were Treated to Hero's Welcome on Return to Earth
- Gabriella Demetriades Shares Adorable Pic of Arjun Rampal Holding Their Newborn Son, See Here