I-T Dept Witnesses New Record on Deadline Date as Nearly 50 Lakh Citizens File ITR Online in a Single Day
August 31 was the last date to file income tax returns as tax dept said they won't extend the deadline beyond saturday.
New Delhi: The Income Tax department witnessed e-filing of 49,29,121 ITRs in a single day on August 31, the highest number in the Tax department’s history, Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) said on Sunday.
“Income Tax Department has made history with a quantum jump in the e-filing of Income–Tax Returns (ITRs) with an all-time high record of 49 lakh 29 thousand & 121 ITRs filed in a single day on 31st August 2019,” CBDT said in a statement.
The Income-tax Department on Friday had confirmed that the deadline to file income-tax returns (ITR) for 2019-20 will end on Saturday, and won’t be extended again while issuing a clarification on a fake order circulating on social media about extension of the deadline.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,731.55||-1.28|
Recommended For You
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser