New Goa Airport Should be Used For Large Cargo Handling: Suresh Prabhu
Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu on Saturday said the upcoming greenfield airport at Goa's Mopa would help "generate jobs and revenue for the state".
File Photo of Suresh Prabhu (PTI Photo).
Panaji: The upcoming greenfield airport at Goa's Mopa could be used for large cargo traffic and will bring prosperity to the region, Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu said on Saturday.
He was on a day-long visit to Goa, to inspect the ongoing works at Mopa village, located nearly 45 km from Panaji, in North Goa district.
"This airport will be responsible for growth of the state in various sectors as this project will generate a lot of employment for people of Goa.
"Locals will get jobs on priority. There is need to initiate skill development programmes for the local youth in the aviation sector," Prabhu said, adding that large-scale handling of air cargo at the upcoming airport would help "generate revenue for the state".
Goa already has one operational airport which functions out of an Indian Naval air base in Dabolim in South Goa district.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner Dances Arm in Arm with Priyanka Chopra's Mother at Jonas Brothers Concert
- PV Sindhu Overcomes Tai Tzu Ying to Reach World Badminton Championships Semi-finals
- Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Leaked Ahead of Launch, All-Black SUV Looks Dominating
- RCB Rope in Hesson & Katich for IPL 2020, Sack Kirsten and Nehra
- First Details of The OnePlus TV Confirmed: It Will Have a 55-Inch QLED Panel