Nifty Crosses 9,200-mark for First Time, Sensex Climbs 239 Points
Continuing its record-setting spree, the Nifty climbed over the 9,200-mark for the first time and the benchmark Sensex surged 239 points in early hours on Friday, with foreign investors continuing to pump up money.
(Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: Continuing its record-setting spree, the Nifty climbed over the 9,200-mark for the first time and the benchmark Sensex surged 239 points in early hours on Friday, with foreign investors continuing to pump up money.
The broader NSE Nifty crossed the key 9,200-mark by surging 64.70 points, or 0.70 percent, to trade at an all-time high of 9,218.40.
The gauge had added 187.74 points in the previous session, tracking firm global markets after the prospects of a gradual approach to US rate hike removed a big uncertainty.
The sentiment was up on strong inflow of foreign capital in the Indian bourses and hopes that the government will accelerate its reform agenda following the BJP's huge win in UP and Uttarakhand assembly elections last week.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng was up by 0.32 percent while Japan's Nikkei shed 0.34 percent in early trade on Friday. Shanghai Composite fell 0.17 percent.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended marginally lower by 0.07 percent on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Milind Soman And Ankita Konwar Get Married, See Pics
- The Trio of Sara Ali Khan, Amrita Singh, Dimple Kapadia Looks Glamorous In This Photo
- Kalank: Why Madhuri Dixit Agreed To Do a Film Opposite Sanjay Dutt
- 2018 Volkswagen Polo GTI, Golf GTI & Up GTI Driven: What's So Special about These Performance Cars?
- Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X Detailed Image Gallery – See Pics