Nirmala Sitharaman Proposes Measures to Enhance Fund Flows for Infrastructure, Housing Projects
The finance minister also outlined steps like labour reforms, amendment to the bankruptcy law to increase investments.
New Delhi: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and and MoS for Finance Anurag Thakur during a press conference in New Delhi, Friday, Aug 23, 2019. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Friday proposed to establish an organisation to provide credit enhancement for infrastructure and housing projects with an aim to enhance fund flows towards such projects.
Announcing steps to prop up the slowing economy, the minister said that in order to improve domestic bond market, the finance ministry will work with the RBI to make it more conducive for investors and bond issuers, as well as facilitate increased trading for price discovery.
The government will also take further action on development of credit default swap markets in consultation with the Reserve Bank and market regulator Sebi. The minister also outlined steps like labour reforms, amendment to the bankruptcy law to increase investments.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Renault Triber First Drive Review – Economical Genius
- Viral Video Shows Reporter Saying She Tried to Contact the 'Dead' for Comment
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get