No Bids For Air India So Far, Will Not Extend Deadline: Aviation Secretary
The government will not extend the deadline for submissions of interest in Air India, R.N. Choubey said on Wednesday, The deadline for receiving bids has already been extended once to May 31 from May 14.
Air India (Photo for representation)
NEW DELHI: The government has not received any bids so far for its stake in state-run carrier Air India, the civil aviation secretary told TV channels, a day before the formal bidding process closes.
The government will not extend the deadline for submissions of interest in Air India, R.N. Choubey said on Wednesday. The deadline for receiving bids has already been extended once to May 31 from May 14.
The Union government, keen to sell the loss-making, debt-ridden airline, finalised plans in late March to divest a 76 percent stake and offload about $5.1 billion of its debt.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Shares BTS Video of Her Moving into Her Own Home in New YouTube Vlog
- Actress Shobha, Known for Her Role in Magalu Janaki, Dies In Car Accident
- Neena Gupta, Gajraj Rao Meet in London, She Says ‘Jahan Main Jaati Hu Wahi Chale Aate Ho’
- Meet ‘Khoj,’ the Most Expensive Member of CISF’s Dog Squad for Protecting Delhi Metro
- YouTube Music Now Lets Your Switch Between a Song And Its Music Video With a Single Tap