No Dearth of Money, Plan to Spend Rs 5 Lakh Crore on Infrastructure, Says Nitin Gadkari
Nitin Gadkari was speaking at the inaugural function of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations of Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT) in Nagpur in Maharashtra.
File photo: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari at News18 Chaupal.
Nagpur: Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari on Sunday said his ministry planned to spend Rs 5 lakh crore on infrastructure development this year.
He was speaking at the inaugural function of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations of Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT) in Nagpur in Maharashtra.
"In the last five years, I have awarded contracts worth Rs 17 lakh crore. This year, I'm planning to touch Rs 5 lakh crore mark in spending on infrastructure development," Gadkari said.
"I want to tell you there is no dearth of money," he told the gathering.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 62-Year-Old Sets World Record by Holding Plank for More than 8 Hours, Twitter in Awe
- Kamal Haasan Should Apologise to Tamil Star Rekha For 'Unplanned Kiss' in Film, Say Netizens
- Anup Jalota Makes Fiery Remarks Against Paras Chhabra Over His Possible Marriage with Jasleen Matharu
- Chris Hemsworth Delivers Iconic 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Dialogue, Wins Hearts of Indian Fans
- Poco X2 Going on Sale Today India: Price, Offers, Specs and More