Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan Hopes OPEC Will Remember Consumers When Cutting Output
OPEC tentatively agreed to an oil output cut but was waiting for a commitment from non-OPEC producer Russia.
File photo of oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan. (Reuters)
New Delhi: Oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan said on Friday he was hopeful that Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) would keep in mind consumers' interests before deciding to cut crude oil production.
OPEC tentatively agreed to an oil output cut on Thursday but was waiting for a commitment from non-OPEC producer Russia before deciding on the exact volumes for a production reduction aimed at propping up oil prices.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
|Power Grid Corp||211.15||2.92|
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March