Oil Prices, Rupee to Set Tone for Markets This Week: Experts
Besides, the ongoing elections in some of the key states are also believed to be watched by marketmen for further cues.
Image for representation. (Image : Reuters)
Mumbai: With no immediate major trigger in sight, stock markets are expected to remain volatile and would be guided by trends in oil prices, the rupee movement this week, say experts.
Besides, the ongoing elections in some of the key states would also be watched by marketmen for further cues, they said.
"Market has largely factored in a gradual downgrade in earnings in the second half of FY19. While investors are looking for major triggers for a decisive up move above 10,700 level, stability in INR and oil prices will provide direction to the market despite election led uncertainty," said Vinod Nair, Head of Research, Geojit Financial Services.
"Markets are expected to be directionless but volatile which is a difficult scenario for traders to make profits. Hence, traders must be cautious as the indecisiveness of market can result in whipsaw losses," said Jimeet Modi, Founder & CEO, SAMCO Securities & StockNote.
Last week, the BSE key index gained 298.61 points to end at 35,457.16.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- Motorola TV With Android TV 9.0 Launched: Price, Features, and More
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications Leak Claims to Reveal All New Features
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look