ONGC Shares Gain Nearly 4% After Q4 Results
The stock, after a positive opening, further jumped 3.50 per cent to Rs 180.05 as the trade progressed on BSE. On NSE, shares of the company went up by 3.64 per cent to Rs 180.35.
Representative image of Sensex.
New Delhi: Shares of Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) today rose by nearly 4 per cent after the company reported its highest profit in 17 quarters.
The stock, after a positive opening, further jumped 3.50 per cent to Rs 180.05 as the trade progressed on BSE.
On NSE, shares of the company went up by 3.64 per cent to Rs 180.35.
State-owned ONGC's net profit in three-months to March 31, 2018, jumped 37 per cent on back of higher oil prices.
Net profit in the fourth quarter of 2017-18 at Rs 5,915.12 crore, or Rs 4.61 a share, was higher than Rs 4,340.18 crore net in the same period of the previous fiscal, the company said in a statement yesterday.
The board of directors of ONGC recommended a final dividend of Rs 1.35 per share (27 per cent). This is in addition to the interim dividend of Rs 5.25 per share declared in two phases previously.
Recommended For You
- I Hope I Can Get Gold: PV Sindhu Doesn't Want to Miss Opportunity After Reaching 1st Final of 2019
- Perry Continues to Fly the Flag for Women’s Cricket with Ashes Heroics
- Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone to Star in Luv Ranjan's Next? These Pictures Say So
- How NASA Astronauts Were Treated to Hero's Welcome on Return to Earth
- Daughter Disowns Trophy-Hunting Dad Who Kissed Partner Beside Slain Lion